ABOUT US - WATER & WASTEWATER ENGINEERING PTY. LTD.
The Equipment We Supply
- HOH Reverse Osmosis Desalination Plants
- BMS Blivet Sewage Treatment Plants
Water & Wastewater Engineering supplies:
- Reverse Osmosis Desalination Plants
- Sewage Treatment Plants
In addition to supplying equipment, we provide the services necessary to ensure a successful project and long term reliable operation, including:
- Assisting our client with planning and design
- Assistance with permits
- Operator training
- After sales services including routine servicing if desired
We specialize in providing for the water and wastewater requirements of hotels and resorts, communities, and remote locations. Typical projects sizes are:
- For Sewage Treatment: from about 10 m3/d to 500 m3/d (2,500 gallons/d to 125,000 gallons/d). This equates to populations of from about 50 to 2,500 people.
- For Reverse Osmosis: from 100 m3/d to about 5,000 m3/d (25,000 to 1,250,000 gallons/d).
The Equipment We Supply
The key to success in this market is to minimize the engineering costs and onsite installation costs. To this end, Water & Wastewater Engineering provides Package Plants exclusively. That is, plants that are pre-designed and pre-assembled in the factory.
The equipment manufacturers represented by W&WE make, in our opinion, the best and most cost effective equipment available on the market. They were carefully selected based on the quality of their equipment, initial and operating cost, their technology, their experience, the quality of their service, and the suitability of their equipment for this market. Features common to all equipment provided include factory pre-assembly, reliability, relative ease of operation and maintenance, low energy requirements, and high quality workmanship.
The equipment manufacturers represented by W&WE are HOH Water Technology, which manufactures Reverse Osmosis Plants, and Butler Manufacturing Services/Bannow Exports which manufactures the Sewage Treatment Plants. A brief description of the equipment is given below, and detailed information is given under the links at the left.
HOH Reverse Osmosis Desalination Plants are manufactured in Denmark and are the most energy efficient plants available on the market. They are in operation worldwide, and offer the following advantages:
- HOH was the first company to use Pressure Exchange energy recovery technology commercially. This system allows the RO Plant to produce drinking water for an electrical requirement of less than 3.5 kWh per cubic meter of product water, compared to about 5 to 7 kWh for a conventional turbine/pump energy recovery system, still used by most manufacturers, and 10 to 12 kWh when there is no energy recovery system. In addition to being environmentally sound, this low energy requirement results in very substantial cost savings.
- HOH has developed standard RO Plant models which are either skid mounted for installation inside buildings, or pre-installed in containers. The plants are pre-assembled and pre-tested at the factory, which minimizes the on-site installation cost.
- Individual standard plant sizes range from 100 m3/d to 1,000 m3/d (25,000 gallons/d to 250,000 gallons/d), and by installing units in parallel, much larger quantities of water can be produced.
- HOH RO Plants can be configured to meet any desired water quality requirements for drinking, irrigation, or industry.
- HOH RO Plants are noted for their reliability and ease of maintenance. This results from using the highest quality materials and equipment available, and from numerous design and technology advances made over the past twenty years.
- HOH has installed RO Plants worldwide, and they have extensive experience in tropical coastal climates including Maldives and Seychelles.
- Additional information on HOH Water Technology, is given under “About HOH Water Technology”.
BMS Blivet Sewage Treatment Plants are manufactured in Ireland and hundreds have been installed worldwide. It is perhaps the only true package Sewage Treatment Plant on the market, and is especially suited for resorts, communities, and remote locations.
- BMS Blivets are assembled at the factory, so on-site installation takes less than a day, and no civil works are required, except a concrete pad to support the plant.
- Because of the low installation requirements, the installed cost of a BMS Blivet is usually at least 25% lower than other types of Sewage Treatment Plants, such as Rotating Biological Contactors (RBC’s or biodisks).
- The plants are self contained with all the treatment processes in the one unit.
- BMS Blivets have the smallest footprint of any wastewater treatment plant on the market, and can be installed partially buried for an unobtrusive appearance (see photo above).
- Individual Blivets are manufactured in sizes to serve populations from 50 to 500, and by installing units in parallel, much larger populations can be served.
- Other types of Sewage Treatment Plants, such as Rotating Biological Contactors (RBC’s) are sold as “Package Plants”, however they require a substantial amount of on-site assembly and site works.
- The energy requirement is very low as there are only two small motors.
- Operation and Maintenance are relatively simple, and can be done by non-technical personnel.
- Blivets are in operation worldwide including in tropical coastal environments, such as Bangkok, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Mozambique, Seychelles, and Barbados.
- The Blivet can be configured to meet any effluent discharge standards, including the Seychelles Effluent Discharge Standards, which are among the strictest in the world.
- Blivets are modular so only the treatment capacity required is installed, with more capacity added later if required. Similarly, Blivets are not installed in concrete, so if the user connects to a community or municipal system at a later date, they can be moved to another location or sold.
We have supplied and installed Reverse Osmosis Plants and Sewage Treatment Plants in Seychelles and Mozambique, and we have a contract to supply a Reverse Osmosis plant in the Caribbean.
Thomas Anderson, the founder of W&WE, is a civil engineer with over 20 years of experience in the fields of water and wastewater facilities planning, design, construction, start-up, and operation and maintenance. He has an M.Sc. degree in Civil/Environmental engineering, a B.A. degree in Marine Biology, and is a registered Professional Civil Engineer in the United States (California Civil Engineer No. 40479). He has worked on engineering projects in the United States, Egypt, and Seychelles.
For further information, references, quotes, or if W&WE can help you plan your project, please contact Mr. Anderson. Contact information is given under the Contact Us link at the left.